Una storia importante

 


The headline indicates something related to Italy - and in this case it is in the field of art - nice old painting that I stumbled across in my constant search for fine old stuff.

This important story... well I just noticed this painting on the wall in one of my favorite shops - and looked at it and was fascinated with the colouring and thought wauw that is a nice one - a bit oversized, so I just decided not to take a closer look. - At least the first time around.

However at my latest visit I sort of had a revelation - my eye caught the painting in question and I asked for a closer look - really old oilpainting - with a carved solid wooden frame adding several kilos to the weight of the object. 

In a moment's weakness my enthusiasm took over and to make a long story short - I found myself outside the shop wondering how I was going to fit this giant object into the back of the car.

But I was succesful in bringing it home - not to any special satisfaction of the household - but you know "what father does......" and thus I had taken on this interesting task of further investigating the details of the painting.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In danese